Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Hello all!

Hi! Sooo where to start? I guess I'll do a cliched "about me" post. Most of u guys already know me, so heres a little info for those bored, curious strangers out there trolling the internet:

My name is Heidi and I'm living in NYC (which totally lives up to it's reputation by the way) with my two best friends (<3 Jess and Allie). I've been going to school out here (Hunter College) for almost 4 years now, and I think I've fallen in love with the freakin' place! I mean, where else can you go out to cafes or food shop at 3AM? Not stuffy Pennsylvania thats for sure... all the stores there close by 8 or 9 pm. Don't get me wrong: I grew up in PA, I love my neighborhood and friends back home but it's just not my type of environment. I'm a night owl baby O.O

Fashion is my liiiiiiiiiiiiiiife =D You'd be surprised how much time I waste online checking out designer stuff, lol which is pretty sad because I can't even afford half of it. My job covers rent, but it sucks having to work my ass off just to buy a nice bag or pair of shoes. I wish I was born into money like Paris Hilton or something. Her fashion sense is a little over the top imo, but it must be CRAZY to just walk into Christian Dior or Coach and just buy up anything you want w/o worrying about the $9279837 bill. Haha. Thank god my parents are helping pay for tuition, otherwise I'd be a pauper. It's going to take a few years, but I've figured out how to get the best of both worlds, tell me what you guys think:

I'm an English major with the intention of going into journalism, right? BUT the starting salary for journalists usually sucks, and I need serious money for my shopping habit. Solution? Write for fashion magazines. Fashion/beauty editors get to cover shows and write about the newest stuff on the market. I'm interning for Hearst Communications right now and I see these writers and editors getting so much free stuff. A bunch of designers send in bags, clothes, and makeup with hopes that Cosmo, Marie Claire, etc will feature them. They never ask for any of the stuff back, so the employees just pick out what they like and take it home with them! I'm so jealous! A pair of strappy brown manolos came in the other day... worth $545!! Ahhhh I can't wait to finish school and start working for a magazine like VOGUE or In Style or something. It'll be great :)

Well that enough of that, time to get back to real work. Ugh I have 2 papers due on friday. funnn =/

<3, Heidi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

www.insidehighered.com/news/2008/03/03/hunter

Wow, a fake blog produced by a fake class bought by a corporate lobby. Hunter should be ashamed of itself.

Academic independence is dead; long live academic independence!